Administrative Assistant (Vancouver – Home-Based)
PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Vancouver(home based during Pandemic, in Vancouver office post- Pandemic)
The Indigenous Certification Board of Canada (ICBOC) is looking for a detail-oriented and organized Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is a work-from-home position, until ICBOC establishes that the COVID-19 measures currently in place at our Vancouver Office are no longer necessary.
This part-time position is under the departmental supervision of the Director of Standards and the primary supervision of the Registrar.
ICBOC is a national Indigenous organization offering professional certification to First Nations, Inuit and Metis Workers involved in a growing number of unregulated occupations in the health and social fields. We also provide access to culturally competent and safe education and training through our training accreditation process. Our work is rooted in four main principles: Vision-Driven, Culturally-Resonant, Worker-Centered and Professionally Relevant.
We are a small but committed team and are searching for a new member to join and support our sustained growth and reach as Administrative Assistant. Our organization is unique in Canada, and our work demands certain qualities, both on a personal and professional level. Complete job description available on request.
In the first few months of taking the position, the tasks and responsibilities of the position will be carried out in an at-home setting, it is important that the candidate be able to demonstrate a range of qualities and competencies.
– Reliability, integrity, resourcefulness;
– Emotional Intelligence, capacity and willingness to learn;
– Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritise;
– Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision.
General Duties and Responsibilities
– General office administration, including assistance with Board meetings;
– Assisting with the administration of the ICBOC existing and expanded certification system;
– Outreach/promotional team activities aimed at the ICBOC’s network of stakeholders, partners and larger community of interest i.e. Annual Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey.
The priority requirements for this position are;
– Office administration skills and experience;
– Excellent computer skills – Databases and information systems such as Maximizer, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), publishing software (Adobe or others), Email, Internet etc…
– Excellent writing and editing skills, must be fluent in English;
– Superior customer service skills Qualifications;
– Post-secondary certificate or diploma in office administration or similar;
– Minimum 3 years experience;
– Knowledge of Indigenous culture issues or/and willingness to take training after probationary period;
– Knowledge of an Indigenous language or French an asset .
Remote interview process.
When at ICBOC’s office:
– Personal protective equipment provided;
– Social distancing guidelines in place;
– Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
Compensation: $17.50 per hour for 15 hours per week. Schedule to be established by Director and Supervisor during interviews.
To apply for the position please email email@example.com