Native Horizons Treatment Centre is seeking interested and qualified individuals for the position of Communications Coordinator. For more information about this job opportunity see details below;
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Reports To Executive Director
Native Horizons Treatment Centre uses a team approach committed to wellness, encompassing a
holistic philosophy to address mental health and addictions in a residential setting that meets the
unique needs of our Native populations. We continue to incorporate our culture and relevant
Native Horizons Treatment Centre offers programs and services from our world class centre of
excellence. Residential, out-patient and aftercare treatment is provided to individuals and
communities through networking and mobile initiatives incorporating traditional beliefs.
NHTC will continue to encourage and promote a safe client centered environment, presenting new and
innovative ideas while embracing the Circle of Balance.
Native Horizons Treatment Centre believes in the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Beauty, Faith
and Pride in the delivery of all programs and services.
Native Horizons Treatment Centre is looking to fill the position of Communications Coordinator.
The Communications Coordinator must oversee the implementation, and operation of information
distribution and communication solutions for the organizational needs. This position will assist
with the planning, recommendations, and implementation of information, technology projects via
internet, print (hard) copy including newsletters, assisting with annual reports, etc. This role
will also evaluate performance of website, social media sites and make appropriate changes and
updates as necessary.
The Communications Coordinator must possess the following:
• Completion of a post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences, Public Relations,
Communications and Graphics or a related discipline or, a diploma/certificate program in Computer
Sciences or Communications combined with significant experience; or an equivalent combination of
education and related experience;
• Strong demonstrated experience in writing, editing, design and layout, production of
print and electronic communications;
• Must have knowledge and experience in Word Press, Squarespace, Dreamweaver or
similar software program. Proficiency in word processing, Web applications, graphic & publishing
software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, proficiency in Web software
and aptitude for Web publishing).
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with Board, Staff, Clients,
Communities and the Public;
• Experience operating office equipment including digital camera, projector, smart
board and other devices, etc. Experience in hosting Zoom meetings/gatherings, Facebook Live
sessions and other such mediums;
• Highly developed oral and written communication, problem-solving, troubleshooting
and multitasking skills required. Demonstrated effective time management skills with ability to
prioritize and manage conflicting demands;
• Knowledge of advertising and marketing principles and practices;
• Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently;
• Glass “G” driver’s license along with a proven Driver Record Search and have a
reliable vehicle for reporting to work;
• Availability to work a flexible work schedule including modified hours to
accommodate conferences, trainings, special events, and meeting to meet deadlines;
• Experience in taking photographs for posting on websites, social media, newsletters,
• High level of integrity and work ethic;
• Ability to work individually as well as a contributing member of a team;
• High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively
in a diverse environment;
• Must be able to provide a current favorable Criminal Records Search including a
Vulnerable Sector Screening Report as per accreditation standards;
• Native Horizons Treatment Centre is dedicated to promoting equity and diversity and
serving the interests of Aboriginal people. The successful candidate will be primarily engaged in
serving the interests of Aboriginal people. Native Horizons Treatment Centre will give preference
to Aboriginal People who possess the necessary qualifications;
• Must provide three current letters of reference that are related to experience or
knowledge of the position applying for;
• Indigenous Addictions Specialist Certification (or other related) or intent to
obtain such within 6 months of employment.
Applicant Submission Details
SALARY RANGE: TBD and will commensurate with knowledge and experience + GREAT Benefits Package.
CLOSING DATE: June 16, 2021 at 4pm
TO APPLY: In order to be considered, applicants MUST include a cover letter, resume, and 3 current written letters of reference. All documents should clearly state the position applying for. Please
indicate “CONFIDENTIAL” and “ATTENTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR” and the position applying for on the envelope or subject line of email. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you to all that may apply.
Mail to: Native Horizons Treatment Centre, 130 New Credit Road, Hagersville, Ontario, N0A 1M0
Email to: email@example.com
Telephone: 905-768-5144 or 1-877-330-8467
**All applicants must be willing to work in a holistic healing environment that provides residential addiction & trauma services to First Nations Individuals & Families*