All ICBOC certified members are offered the opportunity to obtain a higher certification. When certified members have renewed their certification several times and/or when they satisfy the standards and requirement of a higher certification level, the registrar will encourage them to apply for a certification upgrade.
Please click the following tabs for more information:
- What is a certification upgrade
- Eligibility for certification upgrade
- Application process for a certification upgrade
- Training plan
- Certification upgrade fees
- Case 1. Accumulation of more than the 40 required hours a each renewal date, and 2 renewals since the initial certification was issued, which means the addition of 4 years of work experience
- Case 2. Submission of the required 40 hours and third renewal since the initial certification was issued, which means the addition of 6 years of work experience
- Case 3. Completion of a college or university program, with education/training topics and hours corresponding to the standards and requirements of the higher certification
- Case 4. All the standards and requirements of the higher certification level are satisfied
An applicant who feels he/she satisfies all the standards and requirement of a higher certification level (Case # 4) can apply for a certification upgrade, by using the Certification upgrade form. The registrar will determine if the applicant is eligible, and if needed, will indicate the standards and requirements the applicant needs to complete to obtain the upgrade.
If a certified member decides to submit a certification upgrade before the expiry date of his/her current certification, the certification upgrade fee will apply and must be enclosed with the upgrade application.
When a member submits his/her request for a certification upgrade after the expiry date of his current certificate, the late renewal fee will be applied to the certification upgrade fee.